Monday, March 12, 2012

THE MUSE: Raquel Welch's True Beauty

"You can't fake listening. It shows. " Raquel Welch
Aaah, Miss Welch  She was unbelievably gorgeous and had a figure to die for. 
She is definately one of my favorite bombshells!!!
Sexy? Yes, of course.. But it goes so much beyond that...A body to die for ,features, dignity, confidence without arrogance all of this definetlly made her a living legend.. 
I love her hair!!!Don't you think that hair in the 60s just seemed to be so much sexier than nowadays..
 
I also love her attitude, how she is aware of how beautiful she is and has never acted like an idiot trying to deny it... She once spoke about her husband's infidelity were she said something like" I couldn't understand his unfaithfulness. I'm Raquel Welch... you get it?" LOL! I loved that honestly! A person with self respect and dignity  doesn't allow others to treat them badly.. The most important thing to remember is that respect is earned not given ..respect yourself and others will respect you in return..Don't allow yourself to be a doormat in any relationship in the name of love!!!
As I mentioned previously she was more than just a pretty face and a curvy body she believed in hard work and she've became a successful business women selling jewellery, cosmetics and wigs, which she frequently models herself...She've always wanted to be a living proof that anyone can look & feel great at any age& she knew that she was blessed with great gifts & made sure to maintain them.. She never tried to compete with any of the famous beauty figures at that time such as Marilyn Monroe or Elizabeth Taylor instead she created her on signature.. I admired that about her I'm a huge beliver that you have to be yourself not anyone else.. I like to dream big dreams, believe in myself, trust in God, and work hard so that those dreams can be true ..Be an original not a copy & ALWAYS be a first-rate version of yourself, instead of a second -rate version of someone else...

"I had always been a symbol, a thing, an image, somebody without a voice. Then, as I got older I began to feel it was important to express the real me, not be the person everyone only thinks they know. I never spoke out before because I believed that unless you have something insightful or interesting to say, keep your mouth shut. And even if you do, keep it shut anyway."
Raquel
I cant get over how tiny her waist was!!! here her measurements:
37C-22 1/2-35 1/2 (measured in 1967)
37-23 1/2-35 1/2 (from 1980 fitting)
37D-26-36(age 43 in 1985)(source:celebrity sleuth magazine)


Her body was out of this world. I actually think she got prettier with age!!!


" I'm going into a whole new direction, which I've been wanting to do for so long. I want to be more true to my own voice now.”
Raquel Welch
Going on 72 in  and still looks better than a lot of 30 year olds.
The poster pictured above, from the 1966 film “One Million Years B.C.” was the best selling poster of the 1960′s.

I think Natalie Portman looks alot like her naturally!!!!


For me Racquel is not jusy a model..  she's a beautiful human being inside and out!!!

Check the video below for Raquel Welch's 1960s make-up tutorial 

No comments:

Post a Comment