"I believe that everything happens for a reason. People change so you can learn to let go. Things go wrong so you can appreciate them when they're right. You believe lies so you eventually learn to trust no one but yourself. And sometimes good things fall apart so better things can fall together."
Marilyn Monroe truly had it all: brains, sex appeal and talent. Marilyn Monroe was and still is unique and years ahead of her time..Marilyn Monroe is truly one of the most beautiful women. Marilyn Monroe wasn't necessarily a great actress and certainly wasn't the only beautiful woman in Hollywood, but still, there's something about Marilyn people just can't get over... Her glamour, beauty and style. Overall she is a real beauty and i like the fact that she was not a size 0. She was just herself but still an iconic figure..
Baby Marilyn with her Mother
Marilyn as a teenager.
“When it comes down to it, I let them think what they want. If they care enough to bother with what I do, then I’m already better than them.”
“I’m selfish, impatient and a little insecure. I make mistakes, I am out of control and at times hard to handle. But if you can’t handle me at my worst, then you sure as hell don’t deserve me at my best.”
“A girl doesn’t need anyone who doesn’t need her.”
“I’ve never fooled anyone. I’ve let people fool themselves. They didn’t bother to find out who and what I was. Instead they would invent a character for me. I wouldn’t argue with them. They were obviously loving somebody I wasn’t.”
“This life is what you make it. Not matter what, you’re going to mess up sometimes, it’s a universal truth. But the good part is you get to decide how you’re going to mess it up.”
“We should all start to live before we get too old. Fear is stupid. So are regrets.”“Imperfection is beauty, madness is genius and it’s better to be absolutely ridiculous than absolutely boring.”
~ Marilyn Monroe
~ Marilyn Monroe
“I am good, but not an angel. I do sin, but I am not the devil. I am just a small girl in a big world trying to find someone to love.”
Issued on June 1, 1995, Marilyn was featured on a 32¢ US commemorative postage stamp...
MARILYN MONROE 1950s MAKE-UP TUTORIAL
Facts about Marilyn Monroe
- In 1946, the same year she signed her first movie contract, Norma Jeane Baker (she was born Norma Jeane Mortenson but was baptized as Baker) began calling herself Marilyn Monroe and launched one of the most iconic names in American pop culture history.
- In 2010 alone, licensing rights on her name earned an estimated $4 million to $5 million(50 years after her death)
- Measurements( studio’s claim): 37-23-36 (inches) 93.9 – 58.4 – 91.4 (centimeters)
- Measurements (dressmaker’s claim): 35-22-35 (inches) 88.9 – 55.8 – 88.9 (centimeters)
- Hair: Natural Brown, dyed Blonde ,Eyes: Blue . Marilyn’s hair was originally a mousy-reddish brown and believe it or not she was reluctant to go blonde when an agent advised her to hit the bleach. Marilyn later had her hair bleached once a week by the same colorist who had bleached Jean Harlow’s hair.
- Height: 5 feet, 5½ inches 166.62 (centimeters)
- Weight: 118 pounds 53.5 kilograms
- Dress size: 12 - Shoe Size: 7AA (US) 38-39 (European)- Bra Size: 36Number of toes – 10. (There is a false rumor that she had 6 toes on each foot, but baby pictures show otherwise, and people who knew her intimately say that she was perfect in all her measurements and dimensions.)
- Her first husband, Jim Dougherty, recalls that she used to rinse her face fifteen times after every wash.
- When not wearing makeup, she would apply lanolin or olive oil to her face as a protecting agent.
- Marilyn’s beauty regime is well documented. On the set of River of No Return she used to smear Vaseline on her skin and frighten the locals off set. First husband James Dougherty said she would rinse her face 15 times each time she washed it. She told photographer Bert Stern in 1962 that she swore by Nivea.
- Prior to the shooting of Ladies of the Chorus, (1948) Dr. Walter Taylor, an orthodontist specializing in cosmetic surgery, fixed her front teeth, which protruded slightly.
- In 1950, Johnny Hyde arranged for her to have her nose and chin surgically perfected.
- Marilyn was passionate about art and became a collector later in life. Her favorite artists were Goya, Picasso, and El Greco
- At age 16, Marilyn Monroe married 21 year old James Dougherty in order to avoid being sent to an orphanage or to yet another foster home. She divorced him when she was 20.